Editorial Use License
THIS IS THE CONTENT END USER EDITORIAL LICENSE BETWEEN YOU AND 100 TRIBES, INC. (d.b.a GRYSCL)
The Content (defined below) is provided to you (“you” or “Licensee”) by 100 Tribes, Inc., a New York corporation doing business as GRYSCL (“Licensor”) subject to the terms of this agreement (“License”). The Content is protected by copyright and other applicable law. Any use of the Content other than as authorized under this License or Copyright Law is prohibited.
By exercising any rights to the Content, you accept and agree to be bound by the terms of this License. To the extent this License may be considered a contract, the Licensor grants you the rights contained herein in consideration of your acceptance of, and agreement to abide by, such terms and conditions.
1. Subject to compliance with the terms and conditions of this License, Licensor grants you a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright) license to editorial usage rights to the Content as follows:
a) You can use the Content in print, presentations, broadcasts, websites and on social media sites. However, you may not share or distribute the purchased photo in any way that would let others use it without licensing it themselves.
b) You can use the Content in any editorial context that is newsworthy or of cultural interest, typically in newspaper or magazine articles in print or online, blogs, films and broadcasts or similar event-based media;
c) You cannot use the Content in advertisements, promotions or any other commercial use including but not limited to merchandise or products for resale.
d) You cannot edit the Content except for minor adjustments for technical quality or slight cropping or resizing and only if you maintain the editorial context and meaning of the original.
e) You must include credit to GRYSCL in close proximity to the Content whenever and wherever it is used in any medium.
2. Nothing in this License is intended to reduce, limit, or restrict any uses free from copyright or rights arising from limitations or exceptions that are provided for in connection with copyright protection under copyright law or other applicable laws.
3. The license granted in Section 1 above is expressly made subject to and limited by the following conditions on your use of the Content. For the avoidance of doubt, the following are conditions of the License and indicate the conditions under which the Content may be used as otherwise provided herein. Any use of the Content other than in conformance with these conditions is outside the scope of the License, and a violation of the Copyright Act:
a) You may not Distribute (including sell or sublicense) the Content, or any compilation including or derivative work based on the Content.
b) You may not implicitly or explicitly assert or imply any connection with, sponsorship from, or endorsement by any model, object, or entity appearing in any Content, the original author of the Content, or the Licensor, without the separate, express, prior written permission of such person or applicable rights holder. If you use the Content in any manner, you must, to the extent practicable, remove any reference to any such person or applicable rights holder upon request by Licensor.
c) You may use the Content only under the terms of this License. If you distribute an adaptation of the Content for use by third parties, you must include a copy of, or reference to, this License with every copy of the adapted Content that you distribute. You may not impose any additional terms or technological measures on the Content that restrict this License or the ability of the recipient of the Content to exercise the full rights of this License. You must keep intact all notices that refer to this License and to the disclaimer of warranties and indemnification provision herein with every copy of the adapted Content that you Distribute. This Sub-Section applies to the Content as incorporated into a collection, but this does not require the collection apart from the Content itself to be made subject to the terms of this License. You may impose more restrictive terms on the use of any adaptation that you have created.
d) You may not Display or Distribute the Content in connection with pornography, hate speech, or other illicit content, or in a manner likely to defame, insult, or embarrass the model, original author, Licensor, or other rights holder. The determination of whether any use of the Content violates the restrictions of this Section may be made by Licensor in its sole and absolute discretion. You agree to immediately terminate any such use on Licensor’s request.
e) You may not Display or Distribute the Content in any manner that would violate any applicable copyright or trademark law.
4. LICENSOR OFFERS THE CONTENT “AS IS” AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE CONTENT OR ANY ELEMENT THEREOF, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR THE ABSENCE OF LATENT OR OTHER DEFECTS, ACCURACY, OR THE PRESENCE OR ABSENCE OF ERRORS, WHETHER OR NOT DISCOVERABLE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SUCH EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
5. Except to the extent required by applicable law, in no event will Licensor be liable to you on any legal theory for any special, incidental, consequential, punitive, or exemplary damages arising out of this license or the use of the Content, even if Licensor has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
6. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Licensor and its members, affiliates, officers, directors, managers, and employees, from and against any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or in connection with your use, including use by any agent of yours, of the Content, any violation of copyright or trademark law, or infringement on any trade-secret or property right of a third party.
7. This License and the rights granted hereunder will terminate automatically upon any breach by you of the terms of this License. All sections other than Sections 1 and 2 will survive the termination of this License.
8. Licensor may withdraw or modify the License at any time, but any such withdrawal or modification will not affect application of the License to your use of the Content, unless and until you have agreed to a modified version of the License. By continuing to access Licensor’s website after receiving notice of the new License, you agree to the License, and agree that it supersedes all prior licenses between you and Licensor as to the Content (and as to any Content previously Distributed by Licensor under any other license) in their entirety; if you do not so agree, you must notify Licensor that you reject this modified License within 30 days of your receipt of this License (whether received by email, upon viewing Licensor’s website, or otherwise), and cease use of the Licensor’s website pursuant to the effective Terms of Service.
9. General Provisions
a) If any provision of this License is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, it will not affect the validity of the remaining terms of this License, and without further action by the parties to this agreement, such provision will be reformed to the minimum extent necessary to make the License valid and enforceable in line with the parties’ original intention.
b) No term or provision of this License may be waived, and no breach consented to, unless such waiver or consent is in writing and signed by the party to be charged with such waiver or consent.
c) This License constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the Content. There are no understandings, agreements, or representations with respect to the Content. Licensor will not be bound by any additional provisions that may appear in any communication from you. This License may not be modified without the mutual written agreement of the Licensor and Licensee.
d) This Agreement does not and is not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than the parties hereto.
e) This License is granted under and governed by the laws of the United States of America and the State of New York.
a) “Display” means to make the Content available to the public in a fixed location, or accessible through publication in print, online, or any other method of displaying the Content, whether public or private.
b) “Distribute” means to make available to the public the original Content, copies of the Content, or adaptations of the Content, through sale or other transfer of ownership, whether alone or as part of a collection.
c) “Content” means any visual work owned or licensed by Licensor and offered under the terms of this License.